Mustafa Ahmed, 12: spoken word artist

Here's the thing ...love poetry..hate 'slam poetry'..ok hate is such a strong word...despise?..Anyway i live in Toronto and the place is littered with 'slam' poets. They're everywhere trynna preach a message of hope and love and kumbaya and ugh i hate..sorry ..despise them all.....It's like shouting something for emphasis does not make it deep...Here let me have a go at it..this is a piece i wrote two seconds ago...It's called 'WHY'

My life is full of misery
I see a light and its flickering
I feel and empty like a car running on..empty
WHY ..(pause for effect)

See..there..i am a freaken  slam poet...that piece  could probably earn me second place at te Toronto Slam poets competion...no joke..they are THAT wack. Anyway, you know who isnt wack? Cutie patutie below. His name is Mustafa Ahmed and his poem  ' a single rose' earn him a standing ovation at the Hot Docs festival in 2010 here Toronto..Read his Story here




No comments:

Post a Comment